Object: Dance sign ’Gay Gordons’
This image has All Rights Reserved.
Please follow the Buy or license link under each image to apply to use this image. (Charges may apply)
Why you need to apply for the use of this image
Rights for this work may be:
- controlled by the artist, the artist's estate, or other rights holders; or
- unclear - Te Papa will do a more detailed analysis of the work’s rights history; or
- covered by Te Papa’s Mana Taonga principle which supports the rights of holders of traditional knowledge to determine how the image may be used.
You need to make sure you don’t infringe on the rights of third parties before you use this image. Our image request process helps with this. Te Papa does not authorise the use of this image beyond the uses allowed by the “fair dealing” provisions of the New Zealand Copyright Act, 1994.
More information about copyright
We recommend these resources for more information:
- Copyright in NZ - Ministry of Economic Development
- Copyright guidelines and resource - Lianza
- Enabling use and re-use - Digital NZ
Find more information about Te Papa's rights project on our blog, including how rights types are assigned.
Get in touch
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- if you have any information regarding this work and rights to it, or
- if you wish to contact the rights holder for this work. We will assist where we can.
|Title||Dance sign ’Gay Gordons’|
|Medium summary||Wooden sign, painted on the front, black tape on the front, chalk on the back|
|Materials||wood, paint, pressure-sensitive tape, chalk|
x 602mm (Length)
x 3mm (Width/Depth)
|Credit line||Gift of Robert McLean, 2005|
Results from DigitalNZ
Searching 27 million digital objects from over 150 content partners across New Zealand
- GENERAL GORDON. (Evening Post, 04 November 1884) - National Library of New Zealand
- STAGE AND SCREEN MONTGOMERY'S WAY. "NOW I'M A LADY." THREE CINEMAS ON A LINER. SOVIET MUSICAL. "DRESSED TO THRILL." "AFTERWARDS" BY THESPIANS WINIFRED SHAW. "SPRING TONIC." GAY MUSICAL COMEDY. "THE CRUSADES." "PEG OF OLD DRURY." NEW OPTIONS. "DIAMOND JIM." CAPRA AND COOPER. VIENNESE BOYS' CHOIR. CHARLIE CHAN. "FRECKLES." REPERTORY'S NEXT CHOICE. PRIZE FILM. "CURLY TOP." "THE BLACK CHAMBER." FRENCH STAR'S HOBBY. "THE LAST DAYS OF POMPE II." "LEGION OF VALOUR." WHEELER AND WOOLSEY. "H.M.S. PINAFORE." "LES MISERABLES." SYDNEY FAIRBROTHER. SONG-PIANOFORTE RECITAL. (Evening Post, 03 October 1935) - National Library of New Zealand
- STAGE AND SCREEN "MAGNIFICENT OBSESSION." "THE GUV'NOR." "THE CRUSADES." NEW BROADWAY MELODY. A RECORD RUN. "WHITE HORSE INN" PRODUCTION. MUST BE VERSATILE. MARIE NET'S NEW ROLE. AID. "THE MELODY LINGERS ON." CLAIR ON THE CINEMA. FARCICAL COMEDY. "BARBARY COAST." "IN OLD KENTUCKY." A TALENTED DANCER. "THIS IS THE LIFE." YVONNE PRINTEMPS FOR LONDON. "CAPTAIN BLOOD." MARION DAVIES. WILLIAMSON NEWS. HIS NEXT. FAMOUS PLAY. INTERNATIONAL GIRL. "CHAMPAGNE CHARLIE." "WITHOUT REGRET." NO RETIREMENT. "BROKEN BLOSSOMS." LONDON SUCCESSES. "MOONLIGHT-BLONDE." BEAUTY A HANDICAP. POPULAR JUVENILE. THE "MESSIAH" ON SUNDAY. A SITWELL BALLET. ANOTHER BORGIA PLAY. NEW TITLE. (Evening Post, 12 December 1935) - National Library of New Zealand
- STAGE AND SCREEN "GO INTO YOUR DANCE." MICKEY MOUSE'S BIRTHDAY. HACKETT PLAY FOR WELLINGTON. CURVES WANTED. MIXING SONGS SPY STORY CHARLES LAUGHTON'S NEXT. WELLINGTON MALE VOICE CHOIR. "ESCAPE ME NEVER." FAILS TO CHANGE. ARLISS. NO MORE LADIES." MARIAN MARSH. "THE RAVEN." JOAN AND BETTY RAYNER. STORY OF THE BOUNTY. SEVENTY POUNDS COSTUME "SHE GETS HER MAN." "REVOLT IN THE DESERT." KATHARINE HEPBURN. MARSHALL AND LOMBARD, THE BRITISH DRAMA. MAE WEST OUTDONE. "MANHATTAN MOON." "DIAMOND JIM." HENRY FONDA. (Evening Post, 12 September 1935) - National Library of New Zealand
Disclaimer: This information was created from historic documentation, and may not necessarily reflect the best available knowledge about the item. Some collection images are created for identification purposes only and may not be of reproduction quality. Some images are not available due to copyright restrictions. If you have information or questions about objects in the collection, contact us using our enquiry form. You can also find out more about Collections Online.