Object: Moustache cup
This image is Creative Commons BY-NC-ND .
You may download and use Te Papa’s images of this work as long as you meet the conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial No Derivatives copyright licence. Fair dealing, as understood under the New Zealand Copyright Act 1994, may also apply.
You must include the caption information and credit Te Papa as the image source when you use Te Papa’s images. Here are two examples of captioning and crediting Te Papa prefers:
Natural environment example:
Rough pomfret, Taractes asper Lowe, 1843, collected 29 Jul 1994, Outer Bay of Plenty, Alderman Trough west of Koruenga Knoll, New Zealand. Reproduced courtesy of Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa under a CC BY-NC-ND licence (P.031284)
- Humanities example:
How to download the image
To download the image from this page, right-click on the image and choose “Save Picture as” (or the equivalent for your browser).
High resolution files and commercial uses
If you need a high resolution file or would like a license for commercial use, please fill in the Buy or license this image form to log your request (charges apply).
More information about copyright
We recommend these resources for more information:
- Copyright in NZ - Ministry of Economic Development
- Copyright guidelines and resource - Lianza
- Enabling use and re-use - Digital NZ
Find more information about Te Papa's rights project on our blog, including how rights types are assigned.
Unknown, 1900s ?
|Classification||mustache cups, teacups|
x 93mm (Depth)
x 84mm (Height)
|Credit line||Gift of Mrs N Stanford, 1965|
Results from DigitalNZ
Searching 25 million digital objects from over 140 content partners across New Zealand
- All Whites football team for the 1981 World Cup campaign - Ministry for Culture and Heritage
- THE MOUSTACHE CUPS. (Otago Witness, 09 August 1894) - National Library of New Zealand
- Wesley College cadets Wesley College cadets - Auckland Libraries
- must buy dear Adolphus something nice, as a surprise for his birthday" A imitetal surprise. " Oh, Adolphus, what a fright yon are! And Fve been and gone and bought you a moustache cup, and now the moneys wasted. (Observer, 18 April 1903) - National Library of New Zealand
Disclaimer: This information was created from historic documentation, and may not necessarily reflect the best available knowledge about the item. Some collection images are created for identification purposes only and may not be of reproduction quality. Some images are not available due to copyright restrictions. If you have information or questions about objects in the collection, contact us using our enquiry form. You can also find out more about Collections Online.