Object: Writing Bureau
This image has Some Rights Reserved. Creative Commons BY-NC-ND .
You may download and use Te Papa’s images of this work as long as you meet the conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial No Derivatives copyright licence. Fair dealing, as understood under the New Zealand Copyright Act 1994, also applies.
You must include the attribution credit provided when you download the image.
Seuffert, Anton (cabinetmaker), circa 1875, New Zealand
Teutenberg, Anton (carver), circa 1875, New Zealand
|Medium summary||New Zealand native timbers|
|Materials||puriri, Rimu, totara, rewarewa, kauri, wood, glass, leather, veneer|
|Classification||bureaus, writing desks|
x 1230mm (Width)
x 710mm (Depth)
Overall: 1450mm (Height) x 1300mm (Width) x 800mm (Depth)
|Credit line||Bequest of Mrs E H Blair in memory of her late husband, Archibald Anderson Watt, 1918|
Find additional information about this object at these sites
- 'New Zealand identity - Symbols of identity', Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand
- 'Furniture - Early New Zealand furniture', Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand
Results from DigitalNZ
Searching 27 million digital objects from over 150 content partners across New Zealand
- Anton Seuffert writing bureau - Ministry for Culture and Heritage
- Writing bureau - Ministry for Culture and Heritage
- THE WRITING-ROOM AND BUREAU ON WHICH MOST OV HER WRITING HAS lIKEN DONE. (New Zealand Illustrated Magazine, 01 October 1900) - National Library of New Zealand
- Fletcher, David 1952- :"Just because I'm in charge of the country's spy agency doesn't mean I know what they're up to!" 11 April 2013 - Alexander Turnbull Library
Disclaimer: This information was created from historic documentation, and may not necessarily reflect the best available knowledge about the item. Some collection images are created for identification purposes only and may not be of reproduction quality. Some images are not available due to copyright restrictions. If you have information or questions about objects in the collection, contact us using our enquiry form. You can also find out more about Collections Online.