Object: Tua Toru. From the installation ’Patriot: Ten Guitars’
This image has All Rights Reserved.
Please follow the Buy or license link under each image to apply to use this image. (Charges may apply)
Why you need to apply for the use of this image
Rights for this work may be:
- controlled by the artist, the artist's estate, or other rights holders; or
- unclear - Te Papa will do a more detailed analysis of the work’s rights history; or
- covered by Te Papa’s Mana Taonga principle which supports the rights of holders of traditional knowledge to determine how the image may be used.
You need to make sure you don’t infringe on the rights of third parties before you use this image. Our image request process helps with this. Te Papa does not authorise the use of this image beyond the uses allowed by the “fair dealing” provisions of the New Zealand Copyright Act, 1994.
More information about copyright
We recommend these resources for more information:
- Copyright in NZ - Ministry of Economic Development
- Copyright guidelines and resource - Lianza
- Enabling use and re-use - Digital NZ
Find more information about Te Papa's rights project on our blog, including how rights types are assigned.
Get in touch
Please contact email@example.com
- if you have any information regarding this work and rights to it, or
- if you wish to contact the rights holder for this work. We will assist where we can.
|Title||Tua Toru. From the installation ’Patriot: Ten Guitars’|
Parekowhai, Michael (artist), 1999, New Zealand
|Medium summary||Wood (flame maple, spruce, rewarewa, swamp kauri, ebony), päua shell, guitar strap, guitar stand|
|Materials||wood, paua shell, cloth, metal|
|Classification||works of art, sculpture, guitars|
x 500mm (Length)
x 400mm (Width/Depth)
|Credit line||Purchased 2000 with New Zealand Lottery Grants Board funds|