Object: Spectators in the mall
This image has All Rights Reserved. Image © Estate of Robert Buhler/Bridgeman Art Library
Please follow the Buy or license link under each image to apply to use this image. (Charges may apply)
Why you need to apply for the use of this image
Rights for this work may be:
- controlled by the artist, the artist's estate, or other rights holders; or
- unclear - Te Papa will do a more detailed analysis of the work’s rights history; or
- covered by Te Papa’s Mana Taonga principle which supports the rights of holders of traditional knowledge to determine how the image may be used.
You need to make sure you don’t infringe on the rights of third parties before you use this image. Our image request process helps with this. Te Papa does not authorise the use of this image beyond the uses allowed by the “fair dealing” provisions of the New Zealand Copyright Act, 1994.
More information about copyright
We recommend these resources for more information:
- Copyright in NZ - Ministry of Economic Development
- Copyright guidelines and resource - Lianza
- Enabling use and re-use - Digital NZ
Find more information about Te Papa's rights project on our blog, including how rights types are assigned.
Get in touch
Please contact email@example.com
- if you have any information regarding this work and rights to it, or
- if you wish to contact the rights holder for this work. We will assist where we can.
|Title||Spectators in the mall|
Buhler, Robert, 1953, England
x 310mm (Width)
Support: 516mm (Height) x 382mm (Width)
|Credit line||Purchased 1954|
This lithograph shows spectators watching a royal procession in Pall Mall, London. It comes from a collection of prints that commemorated the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II on 2 June 1953.
The Coronation Lithographs
The Coronation Lithographs was a portfolio of 40 prints by staff and former students of the Royal College put together for an exhibition at the Redfern Gallery in London in 1953. It was organised by Edwin La Dell (1914–70) who was tutor, and later professor, of printmaking at the Royal College. One of several lithographic portfolio projects produced by the Royal College, The Coronation Lithographs reflected the mass-market appeal of illustrative fine-art prints at a relatively inexpensive price.
Results from DigitalNZ
Searching 27 million digital objects from over 150 content partners across New Zealand
- Maidstone Mall; giant chess set. [1992 06 02 12] - Upper Hutt City Library
- By George Manville Fenn - Maori and Settler: A Story of the New Zealand War - Victoria University of Wellington
Disclaimer: This information was created from historic documentation, and may not necessarily reflect the best available knowledge about the item. Some collection images are created for identification purposes only and may not be of reproduction quality. Some images are not available due to copyright restrictions. If you have information or questions about objects in the collection, contact us using our enquiry form. You can also find out more about Collections Online.