Object: His late Majesty King George V
This image has All Rights Reserved.
Please follow the Buy or license link under each image to apply to use this image. (Charges may apply)
Why you need to apply for the use of this image
Rights for this work may be:
- controlled by the artist, the artist's estate, or other rights holders; or
- unclear - Te Papa will do a more detailed analysis of the work’s rights history; or
- covered by Te Papa’s Mana Taonga principle which supports the rights of holders of traditional knowledge to determine how the image may be used.
You need to make sure you don’t infringe on the rights of third parties before you use this image. Our image request process helps with this. Te Papa does not authorise the use of this image beyond the uses allowed by the “fair dealing” provisions of the New Zealand Copyright Act, 1994.
More information about copyright
We recommend these resources for more information:
- Copyright in NZ - Ministry of Economic Development
- Copyright guidelines and resource - Lianza
- Enabling use and re-use - Digital NZ
Find more information about Te Papa's rights project on our blog, including how rights types are assigned.
Get in touch
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- if you have any information regarding this work and rights to it, or
- if you wish to contact the rights holder for this work. We will assist where we can.
|Title||His late Majesty King George V|
Lander, John St Helier, 1934
|Medium summary||oil on canvas|
|Materials||oil paint, canvas|
x 1910 (Length)
x 150 (Width/Depth)
Image: 2387 (Height) x 1498 (Length) x 100 (Width/Depth)
Support: 2500 (Height) x 1600 (Length)
|Credit line||Gift of T.B.F. Davis, 1935|
Results from DigitalNZ
Searching 27 million digital objects from over 150 content partners across New Zealand
- Death of his late Majesty King George V. Memorial Service Pukekura Park, Order of Service - Puke Ariki
- His majesty the King, the late Queen, H.R.H. the Duke of York and the young Prince Edward. - Auckland Libraries
- SALUTES IN MEMORY OF THE LATE KING.â€”At top, H.M.S. Wellington firing the naval salute of seventy minute guns in memory of his late Majesty King George V. Below, the battery at Point Jerning- ' ham firing the military salute. (Evening Post, 22 January 1936) - National Library of New Zealand
- s. p.-Andrew photo. FLOWERS FOR HIS LATE MAJESTY.â€”FIoraI cross sent by. the MR. T.R. BARRER, chairman of Grand Prior of the Order of^ St. John of Jerusalem on.'the occasion the -Wellington Harbour Board, of the funeral of the late King. The inscription was, as follows'.â€”' tvho gave a stimulating account of "In honored and affectionate memory: of our late beloved King, the trade of the port at the annual George V, Sovereign head of the Order of St.'John in the*British meeting of the board, ' . Realm" (Evening Post, 26 March 1936) - National Library of New Zealand
Disclaimer: This information was created from historic documentation, and may not necessarily reflect the best available knowledge about the item. Some collection images are created for identification purposes only and may not be of reproduction quality. Some images are not available due to copyright restrictions. If you have information or questions about objects in the collection, contact us using our enquiry form. You can also find out more about Collections Online.