Object: His late Majesty King George V
This image has No Known Copyright Restrictions.
To the best of Te Papa’s knowledge, under New Zealand law:
- there is no copyright or other intellectual property rights in this work in New Zealand; and
- the work may be copied and otherwise re-used in New Zealand without copyright or other intellectual property rights related restriction.
Te Papa will not be liable to you, on any legal basis (including negligence), for any loss or damage you suffer through your use of this material, except in those cases where the law does not allow us to exclude or limit our liability to you.
|Title||His late Majesty King George V|
Lander, John St Helier, 1934
|Medium summary||oil on canvas|
|Materials||oil paint, canvas|
x 1910 (Length)
x 150 (Width/Depth)
Image: 2387 (Height) x 1498 (Length) x 100 (Width/Depth)
Support: 2500 (Height) x 1600 (Length)
|Credit line||Gift of T.B.F. Davis, 1935|
Results from DigitalNZ
Searching 27 million digital objects from over 150 content partners across New Zealand
- Death of his late Majesty King George V. Memorial Service Pukekura Park, Order of Service -
- LATE KING GEORGE V (Evening Post, 04 February 1937) -
- HIS LATE MAJESTY (Ellesmere Guardian, 28 January 1936) -
- SALUTES IN MEMORY OF THE LATE KING.â€”At top, H.M.S. Wellington firing the naval salute of seventy minute guns in memory of his late Majesty King George V. Below, the battery at Point Jerning- ' ham firing the military salute. (Evening Post, 22 January 1936) -
Disclaimer: This information was created from historic documentation, and may not necessarily reflect the best available knowledge about the item. Some collection images are created for identification purposes only and may not be of reproduction quality. Some images are not available due to copyright restrictions. If you have information or questions about objects in the collection, contact us using our enquiry form. You can also find out more about Collections Online.