Object: Spanish street scene
This image is All rights reserved. Image © Te Papa
Please follow the Buy or license link under each image to apply to use this image. (Charges may apply)
Why you need to apply for the use of this image
Rights for this work may be:
- controlled by the artist, the artist's estate, or other rights holders; or
- unclear - Te Papa will do a more detailed analysis of the work’s rights history; or
- covered by Te Papa’s Mana Taonga principle which supports the rights of holders of traditional knowledge to determine how the image may be used.
You need to make sure you don’t infringe on the rights of third parties before you use this image. Our image request process helps with this. Te Papa does not authorise the use of this image beyond the uses allowed by the “fair dealing” provisions of the New Zealand Copyright Act, 1994.
More information about copyright
We recommend these resources for more information:
- Copyright in NZ - Ministry of Economic Development
- Copyright guidelines and resource - Lianza
- Enabling use and re-use - Digital NZ
Find more information about Te Papa's rights project on our blog, including how rights types are assigned.
Get in touch
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- if you have any information regarding this work and rights to it, or
- if you wish to contact the rights holder for this work. We will assist where we can.
|Title||Spanish street scene|
Savage, Cedric (artist), circa 1956, Spain
|Materials||watercolour, graphite, paper|
x 603mm (Width)
Support: 494mm (Height) x 603mm (Width)
|Credit line||Purchased 1957|
Results from DigitalNZ
Searching 25 million digital objects from over 140 content partners across New Zealand
- Street scene of two mounted policemen, a no.22 tram and a car, with buildings in the background, Barcelona, Spain - Alexander Turnbull Library
- Street scene, with people walking around, including unidentified men with horse drawn cart pruning trees, Barcelona, Spain - Alexander Turnbull Library
- A street icene in the city of Santander, which is now the goal of theinsurgent forces in Northern Spain. Santander is forty-five miles to the west of the captured city oj Bilbao, on the shores of the Bay of Biscay. This is a scene looking from the steps of the Post Office , ' Building. .iA*. ' _ .i.Jifc. -c. A' v 'â– 'â– '.'-,' 'â€¢' â– â– â€¢. â– (Evening Post, 17 August 1937) - National Library of New Zealand
- SPAIN IN THE THROES OF REVOLT.Ã‚â€”Some striking,pictures of the cipil war in Spain, where women as well as men are taking part in the fighting which is occurring all over the country. _ Top left, one of the leaders ofithe Volunteer Women's Militia in Madrid called upon to defend;the- capital against the., Fascist insurgents. Top right, members of the' Women's Militia marching through the streets of Madrid, armed and in step with the men. The other pictures show scenes 'at Burgos â– and Barcelona, where -'Ã‚â€¢ conflict. has been of daily occurrence. (Evening Post, 02 September 1936) - National Library of New Zealand
Disclaimer: This information was created from historic documentation, and may not necessarily reflect the best available knowledge about the item. Some collection images are created for identification purposes only and may not be of reproduction quality. Some images are not available due to copyright restrictions. If you have information or questions about objects in the collection, contact us using our enquiry form. You can also find out more about Collections Online.