Object: Evans, Geary, Hope, Thompson, Whiteside, wounded Te Ngutu o te Manu 1868
This image has All Rights Reserved.
Please follow the Buy or license link under each image to apply to use this image. (Charges may apply)
Why you need to apply for the use of this image
Rights for this work may be:
- controlled by the artist, the artist's estate, or other rights holders; or
- unclear - Te Papa will do a more detailed analysis of the work’s rights history; or
- covered by Te Papa’s Mana Taonga principle which supports the rights of holders of traditional knowledge to determine how the image may be used.
You need to make sure you don’t infringe on the rights of third parties before you use this image. Our image request process helps with this. Te Papa does not authorise the use of this image beyond the uses allowed by the “fair dealing” provisions of the New Zealand Copyright Act, 1994.
More information about copyright
We recommend these resources for more information:
- Copyright in NZ - Ministry of Economic Development
- Copyright guidelines and resource - Lianza
- Enabling use and re-use - Digital NZ
Find more information about Te Papa's rights project on our blog, including how rights types are assigned.
Get in touch
Please contact email@example.com
- if you have any information regarding this work and rights to it, or
- if you wish to contact the rights holder for this work. We will assist where we can.
|Title||Evans, Geary, Hope, Thompson, Whiteside, wounded Te Ngutu o te Manu 1868|
Gordon, W. F. (copyist), circa 1900
Unknown (photographer), circa 1868
|Medium summary||black and white photgraph, gelatin silver print|
|Materials||silver, photographic gelatin, photographic paper, mounting board|
|Classification||gelatin silver prints, black-and-white prints, copy prints, group portraits|
|Credit line||Purchased 1916|
Studio photograph of a group of men in dark coloured suits sitting around a small table. The man in the middle of the group (in the centre of the photograph) appears to have bandages around his head. The man on the far left of the image has a pair of crutches resting on his lap.
Written at bottom of mount "Evans, Geary, Hope, Thompson, Whiteside, Wounded Te Ngutu o te Manu 1868"
For more information on the Soliders and the battle see Taranaki Herald, Volume XVI, Issue 841, 5 September 1868, Page 1 and Nelson Examiner and New Zealand Chronicle, Volume XXVII, 5 September 1868, Page 2at Papers Past
Disclaimer: This information was created from historic documentation, and may not necessarily reflect the best available knowledge about the item. Some collection images are created for identification purposes only and may not be of reproduction quality. Some images are not available due to copyright restrictions. If you have information or questions about objects in the collection, contact us using our enquiry form. You can also find out more about Collections Online.