Object: Getting Sulphur - White Island
This image has No Known Copyright Restrictions.
To the best of Te Papa’s knowledge, under New Zealand law:
- there is no copyright or other intellectual property rights in this work in New Zealand; and
- the work may be copied and otherwise re-used in New Zealand without copyright or other intellectual property rights related restriction.
Te Papa will not be liable to you, on any legal basis (including negligence), for any loss or damage you suffer through your use of this material, except in those cases where the law does not allow us to exclude or limit our liability to you.
|Title||Getting Sulphur - White Island|
Burton Brothers studio (photography studio), circa 1880s, Dunedin
|Medium summary||black and white photograph, albumen silver print|
|Materials||silver, albumen, printing-out paper|
|Classification||black-and-white prints, albumen prints, vintage prints, landscapes|
|Technique||black-and-white photography, photography|
x 201mm (Width)
Support: 145mm (Height) x 201mm (Width)
|Credit line||Purchased 1981 with New Zealand Lottery Board funds|
Results from DigitalNZ
Searching 27 million digital objects from over 150 content partners across New Zealand
- WHITE ISLAND SULPHUR. (Nelson Evening Mail, 10 June 1881) -
- WHITE ISLAND SULPHUR WORKS. (Nelson Evening Mail, 17 April 1878) -
- THE WHITE ISLAND SULPHUR WORKS. (Timaru Herald, 16 April 1878) -
- THE WHITE ISLAND SULPHUR WOKKS. (Timaru Herald, 21 May 1878) -
Disclaimer: This information was created from historic documentation, and may not necessarily reflect the best available knowledge about the item. Some collection images are created for identification purposes only and may not be of reproduction quality. Some images are not available due to copyright restrictions. If you have information or questions about objects in the collection, contact us using our enquiry form. You can also find out more about Collections Online.