Object: ’Our camp’, near Te Ariki, after eruption June 10 1886
This image has No Known Copyright Restrictions.
To the best of Te Papa’s knowledge, under New Zealand law:
- there is no copyright or other intellectual property rights in this work in New Zealand; and
- the work may be copied and otherwise re-used in New Zealand without copyright or other intellectual property rights related restriction.
Te Papa will not be liable to you, on any legal basis (including negligence), for any loss or damage you suffer through your use of this material, except in those cases where the law does not allow us to exclude or limit our liability to you.
|Title||’Our camp’, near Te Ariki, after eruption June 10 1886|
Burton Brothers studio (photography studio), 1886, New Zealand
Muir, Frederick Mintaro Bailey (photographer), 1886, New Zealand
|Medium summary||gelatin glass negative|
|Materials||silver, photographic gelatin, sheet glass, photographic plates|
|Classification||gelatin dry plate negatives, black-and-white negatives|
|Technique||gelatin dry plate process, black-and-white photography|
|Format||whole plate (1/1)|
|Credit line||Purchased 1943|
Results from DigitalNZ
Searching 27 million digital objects from over 150 content partners across New Zealand
- THE VOLCANIC ERUPTIONS, (Wanganui Herald, 16 June 1886) -
- THE VOLCANIC ERUPTION. (Auckland Star, 26 June 1886) -
- VOLCANIC ERUPTION AT TARAWERA. (Wanganui Herald, 18 June 1886) -
- EXPEDITION TO THE TERRACES. MAJESTIC AND TERRIBLE SCENES. FUTURE EFFECTS OF THE ERUPTION ON THE LAKE DISTRICT. (Te Aroha News, 19 June 1886) -
Disclaimer: This information was created from historic documentation, and may not necessarily reflect the best available knowledge about the item. Some collection images are created for identification purposes only and may not be of reproduction quality. Some images are not available due to copyright restrictions. If you have information or questions about objects in the collection, contact us using our enquiry form. You can also find out more about Collections Online.