Object: Captain James Cook F.R.S.
This image is No known copyright restriction.
To the best of Te Papa’s knowledge, under New Zealand law:
- there is no copyright or other intellectual property rights in this image in New Zealand; and
- it may be copied and otherwise re-used in New Zealand without copyright or other intellectual property right related restriction.
Te Papa will not be liable to you, on any legal basis (including negligence), for any loss or damage you suffer through your use of this material, except in those cases where the law does not allow us to exclude or limit our liability to you.
You may download and use Te Papa’s images of this work for non-commercial uses.
How to download the image
To download the image from this page, right-click on the image and choose “Save Picture as” (or the equivalent for your browser).
High resolution files and commercial uses
If you need a high resolution file or would like a license for commercial use, please follow the Buy or license link under each image to log your request (charges apply).
You must include the caption information and credit Te Papa as the image source when you use Te Papa’s images. Here are two examples of captioning and crediting Te Papa prefers:
- Railway Workshops - Petone, 1880 - 1889, New Zealand. Burton Brothers. Purchased 1998. Reproduced courtesy of Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa (O.009829)
- [Expedition party led by Quintin McKinnon], 1888, Dunedin. Frederick Muir, Muir & Moodie. Reproduced courtesy of Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa (C.001879)
More information about copyright
We recommend these resources for more information:
- Copyright in NZ - Ministry of Economic Development
- Copyright guidelines and resource - Lianza
- Enabling use and re-use - Digital NZ
Find more information about Te Papa's rights project on our blog, including how rights types are assigned.
Get in touch
Please contact email@example.com
- if you have any information regarding this work and rights to it, or
- if you wish to contact the rights holder for this work. We will assist where we can.
|Title||Captain James Cook F.R.S.|
Bartolozzi, Francesco (copyist), 1800s
Webber, John (engraver), 1800s?
Support: 225mm (Height) x 148mm (Width)
|Credit line||Acquisition history unknown|
Results from DigitalNZ
Searching 25 million digital objects from over 140 content partners across New Zealand
- Captain James Cook, F.R.S - New Zealand Electronic Text Collection
- Artist unknown :Captn. James Cook, F.R.S. [ca 1800] - Alexander Turnbull Library
- An Exact Representation of the Death of Captn. James Cook F.R.S. at Karakakooa Bay in Owhyhee on Feby. 14 1779 - University of Canterbury Library
- References To Literature, Volume 41, 1908, Transactions and Proceedings of the New Zealand Institute, 1908 - Alexander Turnbull Library
Disclaimer: This information was created from historic documentation, and may not necessarily reflect the best available knowledge about the item. Some collection images are created for identification purposes only and may not be of reproduction quality. Some images are not available due to copyright restrictions. If you have information or questions about objects in the collection, contact us using our enquiry form. You can also find out more about Collections Online.