Category: Mere pounamu
One-handed weapon. Made from pounamu (nephrite jade). Featuring a flat elongated blade with a sharp striking edge.
|Alternative Terms||meremere, patu pounamu, mere, räkau pounamu|
Find additional information about this term at these sites
- 'Riri – traditional Maori warfare - Rakau Maori – Maori weapons and their uses', Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand
Results from DigitalNZ
Searching 27 million digital objects from over 150 content partners across New Zealand
- Mere pounamu, Hauraki tribes - Ministry for Culture and Heritage
- Pounamu â€“ jade or greenstone: Symbols of chieftainship - Ministry for Culture and Heritage
- Te Raukaraka (pounamu mere) - Tauranga City Libraries
- Maori Chief's greenstone "Mere Mere's" II - Auckland Art Gallery Toi o TÄmaki
This electronic record was created from historic documentation. It may not necessarily reflect the best available knowledge about the collection item. Some collection images are created for identification purposes only and therefore may not be of reproduction quality. Some images are not available due to copyright restrictions. If you have additional information or questions about objects in the collection, we encourage you to contact us using our enquiry form.